Email

email: jterry@myldsmail.net

Monday, March 2, 2015

Week 39

LETTER FROM JORDAN - WEEK 39 (3/2/15)

Well that was a great week in the best area in the best mission of the world!

Well this week, we had a baptism!!!
His name is Ernesto and he is 17. My companion with his last companion found him through his less-active mom and he turned out to be golden. He is super smart (he's learning English) and he learned all of the lessons really fast and easily. Hearing his testimony after his baptism was great to see how much he had progressed in his teaching.
Ernesto with his mom and his grandparents
Everyone at the baptism
Ernesto with my companion after a successful baptism

He asked for not too many people to go to his baptism if you are wondering why there are so few, but it was a very spiritual experience for everyone.

Right now we are working really hard to help strengthen our ward counsels. With a whole bunch of people in the ward, you would assume it would be going pretty well, but we are working hard to make sure we can get the most out of our counsel. We are having trainings by stake presidents and the missionary zone leaders to help us figure out how to better balance the time and we are working with our mission leader to get our job done. Being a part of the ward counsel gave me a better look of how the wards actually work and how important mission work is within the members.

In our mission, we are also planning a special event for Easter coming up. I was asked by president to participate in a barbershop quartet with some of the best singers in the mission so I'm really looking forward to that.

On a side note, we decorated our room with some pretty sweet paintings:
Oh and here's a sweet picture of one of the neighborhoods in our area
Yesterday for lunch, we were served what looked like some fried fish. I ate it because it looked pretty normal, but it tasted way better than normal fish. After we had eaten it, our cook told us that what we had eaten was something called Tollo, which is actually a type of small shark! I had heard of tollo before, but when I ate it I didn't even recognize it. I always tell the cooks to not tell me what I eat until I've eaten it, so I get to try a few new things.

Well, it's my birthday week and it's super weird to think about being 20 years old! Dang I'm old. Well I hope it all goes well.

Well the work is progressing great here, with another investigator that has a baptismal date and it is great to see the hand of the Lord in our work, especially with the temple dedication date coming up.

Well I'm out of time so tell everyone that I'm doing great and that I miss all of them (even Collin)

Elder Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment