Email

email: jterry@myldsmail.net

Monday, December 28, 2015

Week 82

LETTER FROM JORDAN - WEEK 82 (12/28/15)

Merry Christmas to all!

Well this was an amazing week especially to be here in the mission. Although it is always hard to be away from home for the Christmas season, these feelings were filled with all of the love that we received here in the mission.

I would also like to apologize for the lack of pictures due to my camara getting misplaced, but I will try to make up for it with some nice descriptions! haha

Well to start off the Christmas season, we set up our Christmas tree (the same one as last year passed by my companion) to lighten our room with the Christmas Spirit. On Christmas Eve, we were invitied to a huge Christmas dinner put on by the zone leaders for our zone of missionaries. We started the night watching Polar Express (with permission from the mission office) and were then treated to an amazing dinner, which consisted of a lot of turkey, french fries, and salad, accompanied with soda and an amazing peruvian fruit smoothie. After we were all full, we did a little Secret Santa gift exchange and had a lot of fun.

We then started Christmas day traveling down to Trujillo to have a devotional and a talent show with our President and the office. There we heard from Presidente and Hermana Marler and afterward had a talent show put on by the missionaries in all of the mission. Our zone did an act with a cake eating competition while all of us sang Christmas songs to root them on. After this activity, we head back to our areas to go talk with our friends and family. I got to see all of my family and a few of my friends who I have not seen in many months. It was amazing and it made me feel like Christmas back at home.


Here is a video of part of the Skype call where my parents had me speak Spanish.

Well that's all to report for this week, and may you all have a happy New Year 2016!

Elder Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment