Email

email: jterry@myldsmail.net

Monday, December 14, 2015

Week 80

LETTER FROM JORDAN - WEEK 80 (12/14/15)

Well there goes another amazing week in the mission, and maybe one of the most memorable weeks I have ever had!

Ok so I found out a little while ago that my first converts, Brenda and Necker, had planned on getting sealed on December 12! Just over a year ago, on November 12, 2014, Elder Cuevas and I helped both of them get married and on November 14, Hermana Brenda was baptized and we helped Necker become active again. Of course doing all of that was all with the temple in mind, but I didn't imagine that the time would come so fast!

But with this news, there came some bad news. I really wanted to go, but there was a really important practice for the Missionary Christmas Program that we have for this week, so Hermana Marler told me that I wasn't going to be able to go to their sealing. It was also sad because that same day we planned to go down with our branch and our convert to go do temple baptisms for the first time.

We don't know why, but all of the sudden this Christmas practice was cancelled, and we were able to travel down with our branch to go see the temple sealing and to help our convert Victor do a baptism for his dad. It was probably the happiest day of my whole life, and I think the happiest day in their lives too!
The Cipirán Family:
 The Cipirán Chávez Family:
 The new sealed family (Necker, Brenda, and Camila):
 Victor Guanilo, who even with knee problems did baptisms in the temple:
 Also here is my companion, Elder Alles:
He is from Argentina and he only has 5 months in the mission. It is still his first area here in San Pedro and he is super cool. He is 20 years old, and a convert of only 2 years. It is super awesome to have a convert testimony so he can really relate to all of the people here.

Well that's all I have time here for this week, and until the next!

Elder Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment