Email

email: jterry@myldsmail.net

Monday, December 21, 2015

Week 81

LETTER FROM JORDAN - WEEK 81 (12/21/15)

Well this was an amazing week here in the Peru Trujillo North Mission.

This week we had our huge annual Christmas Program in the Town Square in Trujillo so we had to do a lot of preparation and we had a pretty crazy schedule too.

So the program was for two nights, on Friday 18th and Saturday 19th, which I was able to participate in both days because the special numbers were played both nights.

So on Friday, we traveled down at around 11a and practiced until the show at 7p. It ended around 10p and we weren't able to go to bed until about 1a. It was super fun because we also had a temple session the next day at 7:30a so we had to get up at 6a to make it on time. Then afterward, we had more practice and the next show at 7p. After the show, we bused back to our area and made it back at about 12:30a. So let's just say Sunday was really difficult. haha.

So for the program, I was able to participate in many numbers. I played the piano for most of the choir numbers, and also played piano for a duet of Silent Night/Still Still Still with Hermana Pineda and Hermana Smith. I was also part of 2 small a capella group's that sang pentatonix's Mary Did You Know and Carol of the Bells:

But the coolest number that I was able to do was a tenor sax/piano duet on O Tannenbaum from Charlie Brown. It turned out awesome and the crowd and missionaries loved it.

I would have a lot more and some cooler pictures, but I lost my camara in the crazyness and am still searching for it, so there might not be many pictures in the coming weeks.

To see read and see more pictures about the concert, click on our mission blog here.

Well I'm really looking forward to this Christmas, and especially the Skype call home that I get to talk "face to face" with my friends and family. I wish all of you a happy holiday season and especially this time to remember Jesus' birth and everything that we have because he was born.

MERRY CHRISTMAS :)
from Elder Jordan Terry

1 comment:

  1. What a production, that is awesome So glad you are able to share your musical talent with others.

    ReplyDelete