Email

email: jterry@myldsmail.net

Monday, June 22, 2015

Week 55

LETTER FROM JORDAN - WEEK 55 (6/22/15)

There goes my first week in my new area, Vista Alegre!

So I'm now here in my new area with a new companion ready for some new experiences.

So my companion is Elder Simper from Vernal, Utah and we have the same call date so we have the same time in the mission. He is a recently called district leader (which makes me junior companion) and has now been in the area 3 months.

So yesterday was the DEDICATION!!! and it was truly an experience that I will never forget. President Uchtdorf came with Elder Bednar to dedicate the temple and it was amazing. I got to go to the stake center to watch the first 2 out of the 3 sessions but surprisingly our ward council was able to get us some tickets to go inside the temple for the 3rd session! We weren't in the same room as President Uchtdorf, but in another room in the temple. Before the session started, they entered into our room and shook hands as many people as they could, but they didn't make it to me. But afterward, I was able to squeeze through at the right moment and get a hand shake with President Uchtdorf. It was amazing!




It was all truly an amazing experience. Here are the news on the website:
https://www.lds.org/church/news/youth-pay-tribute-to-rich-culture-at-trujillo-peru-temple-celebration?lang=eng
https://www.lds.org/church/news/president-uchtdorf-dedicates-second-temple-in-peru?lang=eng

Until next week!
Elder Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment