Email

email: jterry@myldsmail.net

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Week 30 Christmas

LETTER FROM JORDAN - WEEK 30 (12/29/14)

Bueno, ¡Feliz Navidad a todos!

Well that was another great week being on the mission. Well this is going to be jam packed email, and hopefully I get everything in!

So as most of you know, last Thursday was Christmas! And this is how I got to celebrate it.

So on Christmas Eve, we had a huge turkey dinner as a zone in Casa Grande in the house of our stake president. We ate, we did a Secret Santa gift exchange and we watched Mickey's A Christmas Story.
 Then that night, we got back to the room and waited until midnight to open our presents, watching some church videos and listening to Christmas music.
Then Christmas morning, we all went over to Trujillo to have a talent show and a devotional from President Marler. Oh and this was one of my companion's presents
Then we got back and were able to call home on skype!
Although I was away from home for the first time for Christmas, It has to be one of the best ones I've had my whole life.

Also in the devotional, they kind of had a pretty big announcement. We found out that in June, they are going to split our mission in 2! It's going to be the Peru Trujillo North and the Peru Trujillo South Missions. The north mission will take Pacasmayo and Caja Marca from the Chiclayo Mission, and the south mission will take Huaraz from the Lima West Mission. So all of the missionaries in our mission will be divided to go into these missions. And all because of the temple that's going to be dedicated.

In addition to all of this craziness this week, we also had a baptism!

 I got to baptize Miguel Lino, and 8 year old who's family is not a member. He really wanted to get baptized, and his family gave him permission to be able to partake of this ordinance. This makes my second baptism here on the mission and I'm super excited to keep going!

So yesterday, we got the call to get all of the changes of where we'll be for the next 6 weeks, and it turns out, I'M STAYING IN CHOCOPE!!!!! This suprised me a little, especially because everyone that entered in the field with me, Elder Price, Elder Ashcroft, and my CCM companion Elder Weber, are all moving to different zones. Our district is staying the same at least for this change!
(our district:)
Well that's about all of the time I got for this week, and I hope everyone had a good Christmas and that you might have a goon New Year!

Elder Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment