Email

email: jterry@myldsmail.net

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Week 5

LETTER FROM JORDAN - WEEK 5 (7/9/14)

Well this concludes week 5 and the end of a big milestone in my mission: 1 month in, just 23 to go!!!

So the 4th of July was awesome here. All of the staff that work at our cafeteria decorated the room with red, white, and blue with flags everywhere. The food that they served was definitely interesting though. They had ham and turkey, which was pretty normal, but then they had this weird apple mush and this rice with raisins and stuff in it. I think it's funny what they think of American food. But it was really cool of them to go through all of the effort for us.

When we proselyte every other Saturday, they bus us all out about an hour away from the CCM in different groups, so we all go to different areas. And we actually teach people lessons, contact people, and get referrals. So it's the real deal. We have firesides twice a week, but we haven't had any general authorities visit. However, we do watch live broadcasts from the Provo MTC with general authorities.

Well this Tuesday I fly in to Trujillo to begin my life as a full time missionary. About 50% of the missionaries in my group are going to Trujillo and we are all flying together to the mission center next Tuesday. From what I've heard, we are going to be staying in some sort of apartment, but I get something called a "penstanista" that cooks all of our meals, does all of our laundry, etc. which will be very nice. My starting weight is 125 lbs, so it'll be interesting to see how much that fluctuates over the months.

The CCM experience was great and I learned a lot. I'm not exactly sure if I'm ready or not, but I feel way more prepared than I did a month ago.

Well, I don't have that much time this week so sorry if it's a little short, but it's always nice to hear from everyone that emails me.

Elder Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment