Email

email: jterry@myldsmail.net

Friday, July 4, 2014

Week 4

LETTER FROM JORDAN - WEEK 4 (7/1/14)

Well that's the end of week 4. I officially move up from being an intermedio to an advanzado in my last 2 weeks in the CCM. So this week had a few more events than normal and a few changes too.

Okay to start off, I'm going to talk about proselyting this last Saturday. So my companion for that day was Elder Pulsipher who was an intermedio like me and we both were kind of at the same level of Spanish. Nothing was too eventful, but I went to the same place as 2 weeks ago which is supposedly the area with the people who talk fast Spanish. We taught a few more lessons with some inactive members and went street contacting again. I definitely was able to speak and understand way more Spanish because I didn't get a Latino companion. We also did way more walking this time which was hard because the whole city is on a hill so you have to take stairs to get everywhere. It was also fun because there were dogs everywhere that were either really friendly or wanted to bite your face off. But that day was great and really exhausting.

So apparently there are about 70 new missionaries coming in today and tomorrow. Yay! So there are going to be a few changes here. First off, they are making each of the districts bigger because they are limited in classrooms. So our district had 7 members which included our trio, a pair of Elders and a pair of Hermanas. But another district that had 6 members had to be split up to make more room. So 3 of the 6 are being added to our district, which also ends up changing our companionship. So Elder Allred is leaving our trio and getting his own companion and my companionship is back down to me and Elder Weber. I'm actually pretty excited for this to get back to a regular companionship and to get new people in our district. And also, Elder Weber is our district leader.

Also because of the huge influx of new missionaries, they have to change up our P-days a little. So I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure that my P-day is going to be on Wednesday for next week, so my email day will have to change and probably by the time I get in the field, it will be on Mondays. Just an FYI.

So studies are getting better and more difficult. We are focusing a lot on heavy grammar concepts in Spanish, some of which are pretty difficult but I'm happy because a lot of it is stuff we should have been learning the first week here, but it's nice. I am working on memorizing a few more scriptures and I got Moroni 10:4-5 down. Overall, I am having a pretty good time getting better at Spanish and in teaching the doctrines of the gospel.

Oh I also recently found out that my companion from Saturday went to BYU-I last fall semester and stayed in Chapman Hall, like 4 doors down the row from my room, but we still didn't recognize each other.

Well, I think that will do it for this week and I am looking forward to the last 2 weeks in the CCM.

Elder Terry

p.s. I'm really glad that you guys put me through soccer even though I wasn't the best at it. Everyone loves me as a goalie and I get picked first for teams, like every time. I wish I could pay more attention to the Mundial (World Cup) though, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment