Email

email: jterry@myldsmail.net

Friday, July 4, 2014

Week 2

LETTER FROM JORDAN - WEEK 2 (6/17/14)

Week 2 was great! And I can't believe that I've already gone through 2 weeks. With such a compact schedule, the time just flies by a lot.

So there's been a sickness going throughout the CCM (MTC in Spanish (Centro de Capacitación Misional)), and I just got it yesterday SO I'm just a little under the weather with a scratchy throat and a runny nose, but thatdoes not distract me from my work. And the CCM is really small compared to most of the other MTCs, like we only have three separate buildings in the whole area and now that all of the Latinos have left because their 2 weeks are up, the place is pretty empty with probably around only 50 or 60 people. But we get the new batch of missionaries tomorrow and I've heard that there are only 7 new Latinos and 20 North Americans.

Studies are kinda weird right now having to do most of the things in Spanish. What I do to study is read it in Spanish and then read it in English to make sure that I'm understanding most of what's going on. But my Spanish has definitely been improving, and I can keep a steady conversation with anyone who speaks slow enough.

So this Saturday we took a bus like an hour away from the CCM and got out at a very interesting town in Lima. I wish I had my camera so you could see how interesting this town looked. All of the houses were just piled along this mountainside and most of the houses were only made of concrete and nothing else. It was a very interesting opportunity that we had to go proselyte in this town. It was amazing to see how willing almost every person is to hear about our gospel. So I got paired with a Latino companion for the day to proselyte, and he kinda did most of the talking. Practically all I could do was just bear my testimony at what he was talking about, but it was still amazing that I could still bring the Spirit with something so simple.

So the food is starting to get a little repetitive, having rice and some sort of meat for lunch and dinner and having eggs every morning, but it is still good.

Also this past Friday, I received a new companion because his companion had a personal issue that made him choose to go home. But I am grateful to have added Elder Allred from Utah to our companionship. He is really blonde and really tall so he looks like the exact opposite of everyone in this country. He also has a great sense of humor and is really in tune with the spirit, which makes teaching really nice.

So today was a repeat of the last P-day, but we went to the 7:30am temple session so we had to get up at 5:30am, which was pretty difficult on all of us. After the session, we just walked around again and bought a few groceries that we needed for the week. I also managed to squeeze in an hour nap before coming to go type this.

Well that concludes my second week here in the CCM

Elder Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment