Email

email: jterry@myldsmail.net

Monday, July 20, 2015

Week 59

LETTER FROM JORDAN - WEEK 59 (7/20/15)

There flies by another week full of miracles.

This week, I was able to show a few of the talents that God has given me. On Thursday, we had a Multi-Zone where the zones of Casa Grande, Primavera, and Central got together, which is really funny because those are the 3 zones that I have been in! A few days before, President Marler asked if I could give a musical number in the meeting, and I decided to play a piece for piano and a singer, but I whipped out the sax! Some people were hesitant with the sax but after we performed it, every one talked about how much it invited the Spirit in the meeting. (I included the pictures in last weeks blog).

On Saturday, we also had a huge stake activity where we watched the movie, "Conozca a los Mormones" (Meet the Mormons). But before it started, we also got to hear a few musical numbers from the missionaries in the stake and again, I got to play the saxophone.

But the biggest news of this week is that we had a baptism! On Saturday, my companion was able to baptize hermano Segundo Del Castillo and he is one of the best converts that I've had!

His family
The baptismal service went really well, but the best part of it all was when he got to share his testimony after he was baptized. His wife had died last November and on mother's day of this year, he visited her grave in the cemetary right next to the temple. So the missionaries contacted him and sent the refferal over to us in Vista Alegre. He shared probably one of the most powerful testimonies of the Book of Mormon and the Plan of Salvation that I have ever heard from a recent convert. It is amazing to see how the Spirit of the temple is working here in Trujillo.

Until next week!
Elder Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment