Email

email: jterry@myldsmail.net

Monday, November 24, 2014

Week 25

LETTER FROM JORDAN - WEEK 25 (11/24/14)

Just another ordinary week in the life of Elder Terry

Hmm... let me think...
Well that was a pretty good week for me and my companion here in Chocope.

Oh something pretty cool happened yesterday. We had the highest church attendance that I have seen in our branch, with a whole 36 people (the record had been 35)! I can honestly feel that the members are opening up more to us and having more trust because of the work that they have seen from us, and I feel like Chocope is destined for great things.

Well last week were the changes in the mission, but there isn't too much to announce about. We did get a new Zone Leader, and one of the hermanas in our district just finished her 12 week training and was assigned to be the trainer of a new missionary. If that would have happened for me, I wouldn't have believed it. So this change is officially the change of Christmas, with the change ending December 29, in between Christmas and New Years. So it looks like I'll be spending a Chocope Christmas!

On Friday, we did our first interchange in our district, where I got to go to Ascope and be with Elder Quispe, who is a Peruvian who just started the mission. So with that, I got to take the role of the Senior companion, and it was nice to see how much I had improved since I got out of training the last month.
Panoramic picture of Ascope
So thanksgiving is this week and I think we have planned to have a really nice dinner, making a Peruvian thanksgiving.

Well I think that's about it for this week, so I will write back the next!

Elder Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment