Email

email: jterry@myldsmail.net

Monday, November 10, 2014

Week 23

LETTER FROM JORDAN - WEEK 23 (11/10/14)

Well that was a very exciting and interesting week, and Mom, you might want to skip over this email... (you'll see)

Well something huge happened this week that hasn't happened in our zone for almost 50 years. We had a lightning storm! It was hilarious because that same day is a holiday for Catholics where they have Jesus on a cross and parade him around our city. So we started seeing the lightning flashes around 6, but we thought they were just fireworks. But by 7 it was raining, and it rained hard! Probably more hard than I've seen in a while. By this time, all of the Catholics were running around screaming, and some of them praying thinking it was the end of the world (because most had never seen a thunder storm) and my companion and I were just laughing the whole time.

The problem with the storm was that Peruvian houses weren't made for that, with their houses made out of only concrete bricks. So our room got a little water leakage and got a little bit of our stuff wet. So I thought it would be a good idea to use a fan to dry it off and when I was moving the fan, my finger got caught in the blade, and I got a few cuts and a bruised nail.
The day I smash my finger in a spinning fan
A few days later
It didn't hurt too bad the moment of, but after about an hour, there was this constant pain, and I couldn't sleep at all that night. But I took some Ibuprofen and it went away. We made sure to keep it from getting infected, so I'm not going to loose the finger, but I am going to lose the nail. That is probably the most serious injury I've had that I can remember. But you don't need to worry, the nail looks like it will fall off within the next week, and it hasn't stopped me from serving the Lord.

Other than that, we are planning on having an important week, with a marriage on Wednesday and her baptism on Saturday, which might be my first baptism!

Today for P-day, our zone went over to El Museo de Cao, which is a museum that is located in our proselyting area and has a mummy of the Señora de Cao, which was one of the worlds first woman leaders.



Well that was pretty much it for this week, I will talk back next week and hope I don't get any more injuries.

Elder Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment