Email

email: jterry@myldsmail.net

Monday, August 4, 2014

Week 9

LETTER FROM JORDAN - WEEK 9 (8/4/14)

Well that finishes up week 9 of my mission and week 3 of being in the field! Yesterday marked 2 months of being out on my mission and I can't believe how fast it is all going.

Perú is beautiful. Where I am, we are on a huge plain and in almost every direction there are these giant mountains. I love just going on our roof and looking off into the distance. Also throughout all of coastal Perú, we are surrounded by these huge sugar farms. The best part about them is how they harvest them: they BURN them. When they do, the air is full of ash, but it's pretty cool. It makes for pretty cool sunsets.
Burning sugar harvest at sunset
This week we had our first transfer. I got to go over to Paiján which is not too far away and I got put together with Elder Bond. He is from Utah and the best part is HE SPEAKS ENGLISH!! So it was a nice break to be able to just talk in English and he helped me a lot it realizing my purpose here.

I took this picture a few P-days ago and thought I might add it.
Elder Fernandez, Elder Terry, Elder Bond, Elder Ashcroft walking to church
We were just walking to the church in Paiján and Elder Bond had the idea to take this picture. From left to right, my companion Elder Fernandez, me, Elder Bond, and his companion Elder Ashcroft, who was in the same group as me in the MTC.

To end, I just want to share a scripture that I found as I was studying this week. I read D&C 84:77-91 but my favorite was verse 88 which says, "And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." I love this scripture. We have a whole army helping us do His work for Him.

Well that will do it for this week. Nos vemos pronto.

Élder Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment