Email

email: jterry@myldsmail.net

Monday, March 7, 2016

Week 92

LETTER FROM JORDAN - WEEK 92 (3/7/16)

Well this truly has been an amazing week! This week I completed 21 months in the mission and I also turned 21 years old! Strange coincidence.

The work here in San Pedro is amazing right now! I don't think I've had so much success throughout my whole mission. We are working really hard and our efforts are really being shown. We also have a few people committed for baptism this month and a trip to the temple with our branch planned too.

Well I got some really interesting pictures for this week.
First off, I was able to get a pic with my new companion, Elder Gubler:

Also, we have another wonderful sunset after a rainy day in San Pedro.

Also here in Peru they have this very interesting Ritz style crackers called Kraps, and here we found Mini-Kraps:

Also, one day when we were proselyting, we heard this random shout from a house in our area in English, which was really strange to here. The voice said "Elders! You should visit this house!" and we immediately turned and talked to them. It turns out a few latino members were visiting their grandparents in Peru all the way from Orem, Utah. Just a really interesting find. Here's one of them:

Also, I celebrated an amazing cumpleaños. I realized there was no better place to be to celebrate a birthday than serving the Lord in a foreign country, and not only that, but also in church to participate in our fast and testimony meeting. It was good that fasting here starts after lunch Saturday and finishes with lunch Sunday.

Earlier in the week I had gotten a package from home and also a gift from the mission:

But I waited until my birthday to open it:

A whole bunch of candy, just in time to snack on during general conference :). Thanks family and also the Smith family for getting it here to Peru!

Also a less-active member in our branch gave us a nice cake to celebrate the day:

The people in Peru are so amazing!

I feel so old though. 21 years old. I guess I'm not a child anymore. :)

Also today, we celebrated our P-day with the mission office and the Casa Grande Zone (where I started) inside of our zone, and we played a lot of games together. I also got to see Elder Smith and Elder Alles, the missionaries in San Pedro when I just got there:

Thanks to all who wished me a happy birthday and I just want to let you know that there is no better place to be right now than where I am.

Elder Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment