Email

email: jterry@myldsmail.net

Monday, October 13, 2014

Week 19

LETTER FROM JORDAN - WEEK 19 (10/13/14)

And that ends my 19th week in the mission and my 1st week with my new companion!

So this week was really interesting. My new companion came in, and as I said before, his name is Elder Cuevas. He literally lived within an hour from me in Downy area in California, and knows Huntington Beach really well, so we have a lot to talk about. As you may have noticed, he doesn't have a gringo last name, and that's because both of his parents were born in Mexico and moved to the United States. So he is fluent in both English and Spanish which makes him the best kind of companion to have. It's also a nice break to step away from speaking Spanish all of the time and relax with a little English.

This past week has been really nice because we have been really busy working with all of the members and getting eveyone to seminary and institute. It's a nice change, because Elder Fernandez was what the call here, really tronqui, which is like homesick or just ready to head home. So with him we kind of slowed down, but things are picking back up, and we have a lot of really good plans for raising our church attendance.

For the past two days, we were able to watch General Conference. But what made it really fun, was that I got to watch it all in Spanish. It was really difficult, especially when you hear them start talking in English and then have the Spanish translation voice take over, and I really wanted to hear their voices in English. But it was a really great experience to go through all of that in Spanish. It was the first time that I really payed attention and took notes of everything from General Conference, and I really feel like I learned a lot from it. I loved the new feature they had where some of the speakers were able to share their message in their native toungue, and it was great to hear the ones that were directly in Spanish.

Well that's all I have for this week, and I will talk back the next!


Elder Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment