Email

email: jterry@myldsmail.net

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Week 14

LETTER FROM JORDAN - WEEK 14 (9/8/14)

This week was pretty uneventful, other than on Tuesday, we had interviews with the mission president, Presidente Marler. So I guess I'm the official pianist for the mission. Every Christmas our mission does this huge Christmas program where all of the missionaries get to participate with their talents, and I get to be the pianist for all of the numbers. When I met with the mission president, he told me that they were going to send me a personal keyboard to practice for the program, so I am super excited for that.

Also, a huge importance is being placed on family history with the new temple being completed within a year. We are being asked to fill out all of our family history online and in the "My Family" pamphlet that we were given, and then use this pamphlet in our teaching. I think this is great because all of the members are going to be able to find out about their ancestors and be able to do temple work for them.

I'm sure we are going to have the baptism this week. We have to go to a specific church building that is able to have hot water in the font so that he can be baptized. I'm really looking forward to it!
My Spanish is going pretty good. I feel like I can say what I need to say, but I have trouble understanding what the locals say. I think that is because I studied Spanish in school for three years, so I understand the grammar and how to write it. But I didn't have a lot of practice speaking it before and never heard a native speak Spanish, so that was new for me.

During the next change my companion, Elder Fernandez, dies (goes home), so it is most likely that I am going to stay in Chocope and get a new companion. Of course it's all up to the mission president, but I hope that I am not senior companion any time soon, ha ha
And that will do it for this week, talk to you soon!

Élder Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment