Email

email: jterry@myldsmail.net

Monday, May 23, 2016

Week 103

LETTER FROM JORDAN - WEEK 103 (5/22/16)

Well, I guess this is it! My last email from being here on the mission! I'll be planning on writing an email next week, but it is most likely that I will already be home! ¡Qué locazo!

I guess we'll start off with a few things from this week.

So first, last Monday after writing we had a nice district P-day with the sisters from our branch. We decided that we wanted to try to sled down some sand dunes here in our area which sounded like a lot of fun! But then we get there and it turns out that it doesn't really work like you think it would. We tried to go down, but we wouldn't slide down like you were supposed to.
But it was still a lot of fun and we had a little picnic on the hill and also buried my companion.
Also on Saturday morning, we had a zone devotional and service where we were able to go to a cemetery in Pacasmayo and register a lot of the names and death dates. Apparently the graves of older ages are not registered in the city's system so we did this to help them out and also to input in the family history system Family Search to match up records with people.
We also found a tomb that was opened up and found a skull:
Pretty successful day!

There was also a lovely full moon yesterday and had to stop to take pics:

Well, as it may be my last email here in the mission field, I guess I should add some special words to this part of the email. Well I have to say that these past 2 years have definitely been the hardest thing that I have ever done in my whole life. Maybe I don't mention all of the terrible things that I've gone through but it definitely has not been too easy. But I have to say that it was also the best 2 years that I have had ever. I have gone through so many enjoyable experiences and met so many great people that have helped me grow as a person. But I have realized that the hardest times are the one's that help me learn the most. One of the greatest things that I have learned through out these years is just the ability to communicate myself to others. It was a huge struggle for me at the beginning and throughout almost all of my mission, but I am super grateful for every person that I have met, for all of my companions, and for my mission president that has played a key role in all of this. Well, I am very happy to make it home knowing that these years have not been a waste and have blessed me more than I could ever imagine, but I will also miss all of this. The mission has become my life, but I now have a new life ahead of me that I know will not be easy either, but I am ready.

I would like to testify that I know the church that I have represented for the past 2 years, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is God's church here on the Earth and that it is the same exact church that Christ established while he was here and that it contains the fullness of the everlasting gospel. I am so grateful having been able to give Him a little bit of my life to serve in His vineyard, and I know that I am not the same person that I was.

And to finish of this email, here are some pictures to finish off these years of service:


To see me mentioned in the mission blog, click here:
http://kurtandkathymarler.blogspot.com/2016/05/a-few-interviews-with-president-and.html

I will see you all face to face soon!!!

Elder Jordan Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment