Email

email: jterry@myldsmail.net

Monday, January 19, 2015

Week 33

LETTER FROM JORDAN - WEEK 33 (1/19/15)

Another week down in the mission and this week marked 6 months of being in my first area, Chocope!

Well this week, we did another interchange. I went to Ascope again with Elder Quispe, and Elder Johnson went to Chocope with my companion. The interchange was great except for one thing. In their area, they play soccer every morning before breakfast with the young men in their ward to help strengthen their organization. So I was forced to get up at 4:50 in the morning just to go play soccer for about an hour. It was a lot of fun, but at night, I don't think I've ever been so tired or slept so well in my whole life.

ATENCIÓN ATENCIÓN ATENCIÓN ATENCIÓN ATENCIÓN ATENCIÓN
Announcement time!
So while I was in Ascope, someone showed me something that will change my life and the lives of every person in the surrounding area....
THE TEMPLE DEDICATION DATE!!!
So the Trujillo Temple, which was announced back in 2009, officially has the dates of the open house and dedication:
Open House: May 8 - May 30, excluding Sundays (10, 17, 24)
Cultural Celebration: Saturday June 20
Dedication: Sunday June 21, broadcasting to stake centers in the area at 9a, 12p, and 3p.
It's official, we get to have a temple dedicated during my mission, in my mission!


Also on Saturday, we had a huge primary activity, where we had about 10 kids, and with their parents, there were 22 people. Thats a pretty big number with a church attendance of about 30. It was great! We played telephone, guess that animal, ate a lot, shared a message, played musical chairs, and then everyone tried out my companion's horse mask:
 

Best. Activity. Ever.

Well we now got the temple coming in, and our mission president is trying to get us to help with the open house as tour guides or something. I'm super excited! Thanks for doing everything you do for me. The mission has shown me how great you guys really are and I didn't appreciate that too much before, but thanks.


The tiredness is never-ending but the work presses forward.

Well that's all I got for this week, and I will report back soon!


Elder Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment